‘Vampire Diaries’ series finale posts season high
March 12, 2017
The series finale averaged 1.19 million total viewers, according to Nielsen overnights, a season high. The episode also posted a season high among viewers 18-49 with a 0.5 rating.
The series ender was the most-watched episode since January 2016 and its best performance in 18-49s since February of last year. It also posted its best rating among women 18-34 and 18-49 since December of 2015.
Elsewhere, three programs tied for first among 18-49s on Friday, two on CBS and one on NBC.
CBS’s “Blue Bloods” and “Hawaii Five-0” and NBC’s “Dateline” all tied for first for the night with a 1.1 rating. Three other shows posted a 1.0: CBS’s “MacGyver,” ABC’s “Last Man Standing” and another episode of NBC’s “Dateline.”
CBS wins in 18-49s and households
CBS finished first for the night in the demo with a 1.1 average overnight rating and a 4 share. That was just ahead of NBC at 1.0/4 and ABC at 0.9/4. CW finished fourth for the night at 0.5/2 and Fox was fifth at 0.4/2.
Among households, CBS was first with a 5.5 average overnight rating and a 10 share. NBC was second at 3.1/6, ABC third at 2.8/5, Fox fourth at 1.2/2 and CW fifth at 0.8/1.
After nearly 18 years, it’s time to say good-bye
Yet more evidence native advertising doesn’t work
A new type of cord-cutting: Snipping broadband
Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Weeklies: Surviving if not thriving in digital age
Tweeter in chief: How Trump could save Twitter
Shows Trump hates are seeing big ad gains
Broadcast vs. cable: How the top shows stack up
A sign that coughs at your cigarette smoke
The word: Time Inc. sale is imminent
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
HBO does hard time with Dwayne Johnson
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency