Super Bowl first: A programmatic ad buy
February 1, 2015
This year’s Super Bowl has its first-ever dedicated app and first live postgame broadcast of an entertainment program on the internet.
Add to that list another first: First programmatic ad buy.
Mondolez, the parent company of Oreo and Ritz, purchased two 15-second ads on Erie’s WICU, an NBC affiliate, through TubeMogul, which produces video buying software, and WideOrbit, which provides broadcaster inventory.
The two companies match advertisers with ads that fit their needs, based on price and what demographic the advertiser is trying to reach.
It may be the most high-profile instance of programmatic yet, but the platform is being adopted by more well-known media.
ESPN, for example, sold its first programmatic ad buy for “SportsCenter” last month.
After nearly 18 years, it’s time to say good-bye
Yet more evidence native advertising doesn’t work
A new type of cord-cutting: Snipping broadband
Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Weeklies: Surviving if not thriving in digital age
Tweeter in chief: How Trump could save Twitter
Shows Trump hates are seeing big ad gains
Broadcast vs. cable: How the top shows stack up
A sign that coughs at your cigarette smoke
The word: Time Inc. sale is imminent
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
HBO does hard time with Dwayne Johnson
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency