Roger Ailes gets out of the newspaper publishing business
December 15, 2016
Roger Ailes and his wife, Elizabeth, have apparently decided newspaper publishing is not for them.
Elizabeth has sold their interests in the Putnam County News and Recorder and Putnam County Courier.
She had been the owner and publisher of the weekly paper.
She bought the PCNR eight years ago, and a few months later she revived the Courier, which had been shut down when its owner went into bankruptcy.
Doug Cunningham, the editor in chief of the papers, has purchased them.
The Ailes live in Garrison, New York, which is in Putnam County.
Another harassment lawsuit
It was a busy few days for Roger, who left Fox News Channel over the summer after being accused of sexual harassment by more than a dozen women.
Another woman has filed a lawsuit against him alleging harassment, according to The New York Times, this time saying the incident occurred when she applied for a job at FNC.
Lidia Curanaj says that when she went to an interview with Ailes, she was told to turn around so he could see her from behind. She also alleges that Ailes spoke with a man she had dated and asked if she “put out.”
After the man said she was a “nice girl,” Ailes declined to hire her and instead suggested she get in touch with local Fox stations, saying she needed more experience.
After nearly 18 years, it’s time to say good-bye
Yet more evidence native advertising doesn’t work
A new type of cord-cutting: Snipping broadband
Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Weeklies: Surviving if not thriving in digital age
Tweeter in chief: How Trump could save Twitter
Shows Trump hates are seeing big ad gains
Broadcast vs. cable: How the top shows stack up
A sign that coughs at your cigarette smoke
The word: Time Inc. sale is imminent
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
HBO does hard time with Dwayne Johnson
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency