On cable, a pair of record smashers
November 15, 2012
A pair of returning shows set records for their respective cable networks on Tuesday night.
The season six second-half premiere of truTV's "Hardcore Pawn" averaged 3.1 million total viewers, according to Nielsen, basic cable's top program in the 9 p.m. timeslot and the largest live-plus-same-day audience ever for a show on the network.
The reality show's return also ranked No. 2 in the timeslot among viewers 18-49 (1.4 million) and No. 3 among both 18-34s (713,000) and men 18-34 (377,000) on cable.
Elsewhere on cable Tuesday night, the season two premiere of National Geographic Channel's "Doomsday Preppers" posted a 1.0 rating among viewers 25-54, up 25 percent from the season one debut and the highest-rated season premiere in the network's 11-year history.
The premiere averaged 1.3 million total viewers and 863,000 viewers 25-54, becoming the network's highest-rated Tuesday night telecast ever.
After nearly 18 years, it’s time to say good-bye
Yet more evidence native advertising doesn’t work
A new type of cord-cutting: Snipping broadband
Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Weeklies: Surviving if not thriving in digital age
Tweeter in chief: How Trump could save Twitter
Shows Trump hates are seeing big ad gains
Broadcast vs. cable: How the top shows stack up
A sign that coughs at your cigarette smoke
The word: Time Inc. sale is imminent
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
HBO does hard time with Dwayne Johnson
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency