NBC Sports pushing into radio
June 11, 2012
NBC Sports will soon be challenging ESPN in the world of radio as well as cable television.
In September it will launch NBC Sports Radio Network, which will distribute hourly sports updates, daily features and full-length shows to radio stations via Dial Global.
This isn't the first time NBC has worked with Dial Global. Earlier this year the companies teamed up for NBC News Radio, a 24-hour network that distributes content to more than 700 stations nationally.
NBC Sports Radio's full-length shows will air at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to USA Today, and the network will eventually grow to 24 hours a day.
As of yet there are no plans to simulcast TV shows from NBC or NBC Sports Network, which aspires to compete with ESPN on cable.
ESPN Radio is also sports' dominant radiocaster, with affiliates in major markets and a satellite radio station.
After nearly 18 years, it’s time to say good-bye
Yet more evidence native advertising doesn’t work
A new type of cord-cutting: Snipping broadband
Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Weeklies: Surviving if not thriving in digital age
Tweeter in chief: How Trump could save Twitter
Shows Trump hates are seeing big ad gains
Broadcast vs. cable: How the top shows stack up
A sign that coughs at your cigarette smoke
The word: Time Inc. sale is imminent
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
HBO does hard time with Dwayne Johnson
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency