‘Harm’ bumping ‘Rock Center’ from Thursdays
December 3, 2012
Now that NBC’s schedule has been revived on Monday and Tuesday nights courtesy of “The Voice,” the network is apparently ready to address the serious problems on another evening: Thursday.
It is revamping its Thursday schedule come midseason by moving “Rock Center with Brian Williams,” the low-rated newsmagazine, to Fridays at 10 p.m.
The new series “Do No Harm,” a Jekyll-and-Hyde tale, will take “Rock Center’s” place in the 10 p.m. Thursday hour starting Jan. 31.
“Rock Center” will move to Friday at 10 p.m. as of Feb. 8, with “Dateline NBC” bumping back to 9 p.m. during “Grimm’s” winter hiatus. “Grimm” will return on March 8.
The addition of “Harm” could help NBC on a night that’s become one of its big weaknesses. “Rock Center” has averaged a mere 1.0 adults 18-49 Nielsen rating this season and is tied for last place among the Big Four networks.
Of course the weakness of NBC’s comedies on the night hasn’t helped “Rock Center,” giving the show a weak lead-in on a night where the network dominated a decade ago.
NBC will make some changes to the comedy lineup at midseason as well. The struggling “30 Rock” will air its one-hour series finale on Jan. 31 at 8 p.m., making way for the return of “Community.”
After nearly 18 years, it’s time to say good-bye
Yet more evidence native advertising doesn’t work
A new type of cord-cutting: Snipping broadband
Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Weeklies: Surviving if not thriving in digital age
Tweeter in chief: How Trump could save Twitter
Shows Trump hates are seeing big ad gains
Broadcast vs. cable: How the top shows stack up
A sign that coughs at your cigarette smoke
The word: Time Inc. sale is imminent
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
HBO does hard time with Dwayne Johnson
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency