Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man
June 11, 2012
Glenn Beck is getting a hefty raise.
The conservative talk show host's company, Mercury Radio Arts, has signed a new deal with Premiere Networks that will keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on the air for at least five more years.
The New York Times says the new deal is worth $100 million, which means Beck will double his salary; his previous deal, signed in 2007, was worth $50 million over five years.
Beck, who left Fox News Channel last year, ranks third in news-talk radio listenership, behind fellow conservatives Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
As a part of the deal Premiere Networks will also help sell advertising for Beck's web sites, including his online TV venture GBTV. Beck's radio show currently airs on more than 400 stations nationwide.
After nearly 18 years, it’s time to say good-bye
Yet more evidence native advertising doesn’t work
A new type of cord-cutting: Snipping broadband
Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Weeklies: Surviving if not thriving in digital age
Tweeter in chief: How Trump could save Twitter
Shows Trump hates are seeing big ad gains
Broadcast vs. cable: How the top shows stack up
A sign that coughs at your cigarette smoke
The word: Time Inc. sale is imminent
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
HBO does hard time with Dwayne Johnson
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency