For digital ads, personalization matters
August 8, 2016
The company’s study was fairly extensive. It looked at more than a billion personalized ad impressions from 24 ad campaigns in 10 global markets. The campaigns covered six separate industries.
Digital personalization leads to more clicks
Among the findings: personalized ads had click through rates 230 percent higher than Google’s display ad benchmark for rich media. They also had an interaction rate 84 percent higher than Google’s benchmark.
Users also tend to spend more time with personalized ads. According to the study, average dwell time for personalized ads was 28 percent higher than the Google benchmark.
“Rather than trying to predict the customer purchase journey or win the ad-blocking arms race, personalized advertising instead uses vast stores of consumer, environmental and contextual data to deliver relevance,” the report reads.
It says this strategy helps advertisers delver messages to the right audience at the right time in their preferred touchpoint.
After nearly 18 years, it’s time to say good-bye
Yet more evidence native advertising doesn’t work
A new type of cord-cutting: Snipping broadband
Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Weeklies: Surviving if not thriving in digital age
Tweeter in chief: How Trump could save Twitter
Shows Trump hates are seeing big ad gains
Broadcast vs. cable: How the top shows stack up
A sign that coughs at your cigarette smoke
The word: Time Inc. sale is imminent
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
HBO does hard time with Dwayne Johnson
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency