As the year ends, Rachel reminisces
Our career columnist recounts her 10 favorite columns
December 14, 2012
Dear Media Life readers,
As the holidays approach, I always get in a nostalgic mood. I review my columns from the past year, pondering the advice I’ve given and contacting those who’ve reached out to me to see how their situations turned out.
I’m happy to report that many are in a better place than they were when they sought my advice. Some are even in new jobs, which is certainly something to celebrate as the new year draws near.
In the spirit of that nostalgia, I’ve compiled a list of my 10 favorite “Rachel Speaks” columns over the years, dating all the way back to its launch in 2004.
I hope you enjoy reading them over as much as I enjoyed compiling them and remembering all the wonderful folks who’ve reached out over the years.
Happy holidays to you and your families.
After nearly 18 years, it’s time to say good-bye
Yet more evidence native advertising doesn’t work
A new type of cord-cutting: Snipping broadband
Coming, the collapse of radio’s iHeartMedia
Weeklies: Surviving if not thriving in digital age
Tweeter in chief: How Trump could save Twitter
Shows Trump hates are seeing big ad gains
Broadcast vs. cable: How the top shows stack up
A sign that coughs at your cigarette smoke
The word: Time Inc. sale is imminent
Rundown: Which advertisers have jumped from YouTube
Media Life’s Digital Media Transparency Initiative
HBO does hard time with Dwayne Johnson
- Arun Kumar becomes chief data and marketing tech officer at IPG
- Jenny Campbell rises to managing director at 72andSunny
- Adam Crandall becomes director of strategy at mono
- Mark Wildman rises to EVP of partnerships at Westwood One
- Kevin Craig rises to SVP of newspaper relations at AMG/Parade
- Bill Corvalan becomes VP of West Coast partnerships at AllOver Media
- Richard Just becomes editor at The Washington Post Magazine
- Gemma Lawson rises to VP and design director at Nickelodeon
- Ashley Judd joins Epix' 'Berlin Station'
- Former NBC ad sales executive Robert Blackmore dies at age 90
This week’s broadcast ratings
This week’s cable ratings
This week’s top-rated movies, songs and books
This week’s daypart ratings
This month’s digital traffic data: December 2016
Ad sales rep for a digital-only magazine
Freelance media planner/buyer available for all markets
Wanted: Media buyer in Philadelphia
Paid social media planner wanted in Detroit
Opening for a media planner at a top OOH agency